Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Black Pearl

It was the day where we all moved on. We packed our bags, sacrificed what was meant to leave behind and left. I wanted to move on too; that was until I saw her crouching under the willow tree at the top of the hill. I stood still; I was completely mesmerized by that scene. I remember the white sundress that hung over her slender figure. Her delicate long black hair flow with the wind that was blowing during the early autumn. She was looking at the other side of the hill. My legs decided to take control of my body; I walked over to her.



“Hey,” I said. She turned her face to me. Her eyes that resemble the black pearl shone out of the pale face. Her stare bore deep into my heart. “She looks like a lost sheep,” I told myself.


“Hey, why are you still here. You should move on now,” I told her as I kneeled beside her. Her face was plain; adorned by a small average nose of every other girl, a thin lips like every other girl. However, her black pearly eyes; I can’t bring myself to look away. It felt like as if my soul was stunned.


“I can’t,” was her only reply. Her eyes turned glassy. She turned away once again to the other side of the hill.


I lifted my hand and placed it on her shoulder. Her smooth pale skin was everything except warm. I took of my jacket and placed it over her. “I hope this could warm you up.”


She shook her head. “You should leave her now. It’s time to move on,” I told her. Once again she said, “I can’t.”


“Why?” I asked.


Our eyes met again, her emotions were all swimming in those pearls; Love, hate, hope, longing, disappointment and confusion. Her emotions were so raw, so strong that I was overwhelmed by it. I could tell she’s waiting, waiting for something she knew that will never come along; yet, she persistently with lots of hope but even more disappointment.


“I can’t.”


I stood up and held my hand out. “Everyone is moving on. Why are you still staying back? Here I am extending out a hand of hope, encouragement and care. Take it and we’ll move towards a better future.”


She looked up and said, “I can’t… because all that I need to move on was all left behind. I’m waiting, waiting for them to come. I won’t take your hands.”


With that, she stood up, handed me my jacket and walked towards to where she was looking. She walked back to the past. I watched her retreating back; she walked back with her heads held high. “I’m walking against every other being, but I’m not in sorrow. I’m waiting alone for what will never come, but I’m not in pain. I’m longing for what will never be mine, but I’m not in grief. I chose my path and I will walk it even if it means death,” she said as she was slowly swallowed by the darkness.


I turned back to the path that I was walking and continued the journey. She suffered much but she had and never will be in pain; because she chose it for herself. She chose her own way of happiness. However, I will never forget those black pearls that touched my heart.


-End-

No comments:

Post a Comment